My apologies for the long gap between posts! With Sierra’s wedding fast approaching and a slew of exciting projects in the mix, the winter has been flying by. Today, I thought I’d share a little project I undertook last night. If you’re in NYC you know it’s been a few of the coldest days on record. I, for one, have not wanted to leave the house but was feeling a little antsy and less then excited about my dull jute rug. I decided to give it a facelift!
Here’s what I started with:
I wasn’t mad about how dark it was so I gave it a brush with white paint that I diluted a bit. Then I decided to add a little color!
I taped out an arrow pattern in line with the herringbone that was already on the rug. I decided to make it equidistant but think it could be cool to experiment with width and spacing.
When I took off the tape I was quite pleased with the result! I used a tomato red paint that had been thinned into more of a stain than paint.
And voila- A way less boring jute rug.
Have a wonderful weekend & stay warm!